Class & Event Descriptions
Yoga for EveryBody
The approach to class is safe and gentle, encouraging and "user friendly." Students are taught how to "listen" to their body and to move from the inside, with their breath as a guide. Improved self confidence can grow from here.
Class will usually begin with a warm up series including breath work (pranayama). We then step into movement and poses (asana) followed by a guided relaxation and simple meditation. The poses will vary in their sequence and difficulty depending on the ability level and the intention of the class.
Some benefits of this class may include feeling refreshed, energized and bright!
- An increase in mobility; Improved circulation and respiratory strength.
- Improvement in digestive and genitourinary systems.
- Improvement with concentration, mental acuity and ability to focus.
- Create balance in the nervous system and manage stressful situations easier.
- Improvement in self-image, enhancing creative thoughts and intuition.
Elemental Yoga is understanding how the elements in the macrocosm relate to the elements in our individual microcosm.
Yoga Postures will explore these topics:
- Being with the 5 elements embracing them in our body.
- Explore the Energy patterns and the chakra system.
- Body type of vata, pitta and kapha and the best type of postures to do.
Perfect Posture is a Yoga class emphasizing the development of a strong spine and honoring your relationship with heaven and earth.
Yoga Postures will explore these topics:
- Building Core strength and flexibility.
- Learn how to stand and sit in your perfect posture.
- Walk your talk and follow your dreams, being in alignment with your visions.
EnCorporate Yoga is an easy way to bring Yoga into the work place. Very little equipment is required: Just a clean well ventilated room, yoga mats or towels, and students that are interested in living a healthy, well balanced life.
In a short period of time the yoga participants will start to feel healthier and happier:
- When we are healthy and feel good, we do good work.
- We tend to be at work more often and not home sick.
- We are more productive and are a pleasure to be around.
- We enjoy being at work!
Aging with Grace is a well-rounded, gentle class geared toward prevention and therapy / addressing conditions that may be associated with aging. Mind-body practices from ayurveda, tantra and yoga will be employed.
The following areas of aging will be addressed over the course of several classes:
- Developing a strong and flexible spine.
- Strengthen the eyes and digestive system.
- Strengthen bones and create more flexibility in the joints as a way to address osteoporosis and arthritis.
- Improve balance and mental acuity.
- Learn to work with gravity and vata (ayurvedic air element) in a joyful way.
Creating Balance Series
Stress Management: Learning to balance life's activities to include time for work and play as well as rest and relaxation.
- Soul-work: Developing your own Morning Practice to center yourself; Compassionate Communication for listening and expression to oneself and others.
Body-work: Exercises to strengthen and integrate body, mind, soul; Breathing exercises to balance nervous system and reduce anxiety.
Mind-work: Prioritizing, goal setting, time management; Managing stress and using it as source of strength.
Basics of Meditation: Studying the mind according to Yogic terms and the importance of this in meditation.
- What is Meditation, and why do we need it.
- Different techniques of Meditation.
- Asana practice to prepare the body for Meditation.
- The benefits of Meditation.
- How to Incorporate these Techniques in Daily Practice.
Wise Woman's Wellness: Learning how to nurture the self and live in harmony at every age!
- Information and support to manage and embrace Menopause.
- Riding the waves of hormonal shifts in Perimenapause.
- Building strong bones and healthy habits for the later years.
- Discussions on the changing energy with hormonal shifts.
- Exercise, diet, herbs and essential oils to create balance in the system.
Essential Oils Series
Essential Oils have been used for hundreds of years for an array of purposes, most specifically as man's first medicine. Essential oils share the same properties as human blood as well as having a chemical structure similar to human cells and tissues. Essential oils are also unique because they act on both the mind and body. Their exquisite fragrance balances moods, lifts spirits, and dispels negative emotions. Acting on a vibrational level, they have the ability to evoke memories and emotions without our conscious remembering.
Essential oils are aromatic, volatile liquids that are cultivated and distilled from various parts of plants, including flowers, twigs, leaves and bark. They carry the essence of plants in a highly concentrated form, however far more potent than dried herbs. Unlike vegetable oils, they are not greasy, do not clog pores, cannot turn rancid and act as powerful antimicrobials.
Building Health: essential oils are effective for your health, as they are antibacterial and antiviral. They fight off infections as well as stimulating the immune system. Additionally, they are able to penetrate the cell membrane and diffuse throughout the body. They aid in regeneration of tissue and nerves because the oils contain oxygenating molecules that transport nutrients into the cells of body. This class will teach us:
- How to use oils on our bodies, families, friends.
- How to use the vita flex technique.
- How to use oils on our reflex points.
Clearing Space: essential oils can be used to clear the internal space of our bodies as well as our external space in our living environment. The essential oils can stimulate, relax, relieve pain and offer healing. Benefits are experienced on all levels of the body, mind and spirit. The most common ways to clear energy using essential oils are:
- Massage into skin - best for muscle aches and injuries.
- Add to bathwater.
- Use in a compress, humidifier, or steamer.
- Use in a diffuser to disperse oil in a vapor.
- Direct inhalation - best for increased hormone secretion and balance of mood/emotions.
- Apply directly to skin - crown of head, temples, behind ears, vital organs and feet.
The Raindrop Technique: A class for body-workers to learn an essential oils technique that uses a sequence of essential oils that are immune-enhancing and support the circulatory, respiratory, endocrine, digestive and nervous systems. Students will become familiar with the oils of oregano, thyme, basil, cypress, wintergreen, peppermint, marjoram and more, which are high in antioxidants, mood elevating and antiseptic, creating an unfavorable environment for harmful viruses and bacteria that can hibernate in the body.